Upgrade 9.2 > 10: KDE, XFCE, Cinnamon not working anymore
|Reported by:||q/pa||Owned by:||kris|
|Keywords:||KDE, XFCE, Cinnamon, Nvidia, system upgrade||Cc:||trac-bugs@…|
Thinkpad T520, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 8GB RAM, dedicated Nvidia graphics, PCBSD 10.0.2-PRE (EDGE), FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p9, KDE 4.12.4, Cinnamon 2.2.3, LXDE 1.0_7, XFCE 4.10_6 (all latest packages installed).
- Upgrade via GUI did not work, had to do it via CLI
- Loop uninstalling/reinstalling PBIs, so the upgrade went for hours. I had to manually reinstall the PBIs anyway.
- All documents, config files, settings etc. were still there which is great
- Using the latest nvidia driver (330.49?) results in the error message: 'ACPI Warning: \_SB_.PCI0.PEG_.VID_._DSM: Argument #4 type mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package] (20130823/nsarguments-97)'. When using nvidia legacy driver instead, there are no error messages.
- Mount Tray in Fluxbox is using Firefox as the default file manager (I thought that problem was solved some time back...). Mount Tray in LXDE is using PCManFM, though. The other DE's I could not test because of my next point.
- Worst thing is that only Fluxbox, Openbox and LXDE seem to work. KDE, XFCE, Cinnamon just hang at some point after login so I have to turn off the computer with the power button. These messages I found in the logs (if you need anything specific, please let me know):
... May 1 23:07:42 pcbsd-7083 ntpd: ntpd 4.2.4p5-a (1) May 1 23:07:47 pcbsd-7083 root: /etc/rc: WARNING: $preload_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5). May 1 23:07:50 pcbsd-7083 dbus: [system] Activating service name='org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit' (using servicehelper) May 1 23:07:51 pcbsd-7083 dbus: [system] Activating service name='org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1' (using servicehelper) May 1 23:07:51 pcbsd-7083 dbus: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1' May 1 23:07:51 pcbsd-7083 dbus: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit' May 1 23:07:51 pcbsd-7083 console-kit-daemon: WARNING: kvm_getenvv failed: May 1 23:07:53 pcbsd-7083 ntpd: time reset -1.442809 s May 1 23:07:56 pcbsd-7083 root: /etc/rc: WARNING: run_rc_command: cannot run /usr/local/etc/periodic/monthly/300.statistics May 1 23:07:56 pcbsd-7083 avahi-daemon: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns! May 1 23:08:02 pcbsd-7083 console-kit-daemon: WARNING: Error waiting for native console 1 activation: Device not configured May 1 23:08:26 pcbsd-7083 pulseaudio: [(null)] oss-util.c: '/dev/dsp0' doesn't support full duplex May 1 23:08:26 pcbsd-7083 pulseaudio: [(null)] oss-util.c: '/dev/dsp1' doesn't support full duplex May 1 23:08:29 pcbsd-7083 pulseaudio: [(null)] pid.c: Daemon already running. May 1 23:10:33 pcbsd-7083 devd: check_clients: dropping disconnected client May 1 23:10:53 pcbsd-7083 root: /etc/rc.shutdown: WARNING: $preload_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5). May 1 23:10:53 pcbsd-7083 sdpd: Got signal 15. Total number of signals received 1 May 1 23:10:53 pcbsd-7083 ntpd: ntpd exiting on signal 15 May 1 23:10:53 pcbsd-7083 kernel: . May 1 23:10:53 pcbsd-7083 kernel: . May 1 23:11:00 pcbsd-7083 syslogd: exiting on signal 15