user set screen resolution in X not used
|Reported by:||bkn||Owned by:|
- if user changes resolution of screen then that resolution is the default for all future X sessions (including kdm and kde).
summary to reproduce:
- From Fresh install in vmware-fusion2 (on a mac).
- open 'System Settings' from the k-menu.
- select 'display'.
- change resolution of screen to something other than 800x600 and select apply.
- reboot (or simply logout) and resolution is back to 800x600.
just installed PC-BSD for the first time within vmware-fusion2. i wanted to run a full resolution (1440x900) over the default 800x600. The change in resolution appled nicely. However, once i rebooted (or even logged out) the screen resolution was reset to the default 800x600. When logged into kde again, i opened up the display preferences again, the screen then automatically changed back to full resolution of 1440x900. (i.e. as soon i click on 'display' the settings loaded and changed screen resolutions).
I'll attach the xorg.0.log. The last line of the log, seen below, was created when i double clicked 'display' in 'system preferences' and the screen changed resolution to 1440x900.
(==) VMWARE(0): Write-combining range (0xa0000,0x10000) was already clear