|Version 1 (modified by tim, 8 years ago) (diff)|
The CrashHandler was designed to combat instances of starting applications included with PBIs that silently fail. A wrapper script around each application within a PBI calls the CrashHandler in the event of the application ending with a return value of 1.
- crashhandler.ui - The first dialog show to the user. It simply states the application encountered an error, and allows the user to dismiss the application.
- crashhandler.ui.h - The code associated with the crashhandler.ui dialog.
- details.ui - A simple dialog which shows data captured from both STDOUT and STDERR whilst the application was running. An option to save this data is also provided.
- details.ui.h - The code associated with the details.ui dialog.
- main.cpp - Handles command line arguments, and calls the crashhandler.ui dialog.
Command line arguments
CrashHandler expects 3 arguments, in the order: applicationName stdoutLog stderrLog.
- applicationName is the name of the application which erred.
- stdoutLog is a plain text file containing a log of the information printed to STDOUT. This is the text shown to the user on the details screen.
- stderrLog is a plain text file containing a log of the information printed to STDERR. This is the text shown to the user on the details screen.