|Version 1 (modified by yerenkow, 5 years ago) (diff)|
On this page I'll try to summarize all info on how get PC-BSD boot from USB Flash drive. Create Part
- We need to get USB Flash drive, formatted in FAT with at least 2Gb+ Free space (1,89Gb I have with 7.1 Beta1)
- We need download DVD-ISO, from http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/21/11/. Yes, we aren't downloading USB or USB-bootonly version.
- We need to get any ISO extraction tool. Example: WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm, any Virtual driver (Alcohol, Daemon tools, etc) - mount ISO, and copy - it's the same as extract.
- Extract content of ISO into Flash drive.
- Download archive with additional files here http://javaz.org/soft/pcbsd-usb.zip. Archive contains two folders, "files", and "syslinux". Extract both these folders somewhere, e.g. C:\pcbsd
- Go to start menu, "Run" and enter command to run - "cmd". Once you're in command line change directory to where you extracted archive, for example "cd C:\pcbsd\syslinux" Suou should notice from command line prompt that you are there.
- Open "My Computer", carefully look for Drive letter of your USB-Flashdrive, make SURE you didn't mistake! When you know driver letter, enter in command line such command, without quotes: "syslinux -m -a X:" Place correct driver letter instead of X: If no messages appear, then your USB-Flashdrive made bootable successful! You can now close command line.
- Copy content of "C:\pcbsd\files" into your USB Flash drive. All these files should be put directly into root of Flash drive, for example file "C:\pcbsd\files\grub.exe" should be copied to "X:\grub.exe", and all others similar.
Yes! We did it! We have our drive. But not haste boot from it, you should remember additional steps, better you write it somewhere on paper.
- Make sure you know how boot from USB with your computer. Read some sites would be good.
- Boot from USB, no additional actions required, and you should see this screen: