portjail script improvements
|Reported by:||gcooper||Owned by:|
The following patch improves portjail in the following ways:
- You can now specify the following items on the command line to tune your portjail experience:
- TARGET:TARGET_ARCH (uname -p:uname -m).
- The hostname.
- The source directory (in case you don't want to use /usr/src).
- The method for installing a portjail (to avoid having to create scripts to deal with the interactive prompts that are in the current portjail script).
- A destdir option so I can install the jail to an arbitrary location.
- A means for passing in options to make (MAKEFLAGS) I can pass in custom build parameters, including (but not limited to) SRCCONF=/dev/null, -j 8, etc.
- A number of other bits are now tunable via the environment (MANPATH, etc).
There are other improvements that could and should be made to this script and 'jailme' (in particular, the architecture and version aren't correct for the jailed system -- I know the solution to this problem), but this seemed like a logical place to checkpoint the work for review purposes.
The work is needed to create a deterministic portsjail environment for the FreeNAS 8.2.x plugins effort.